|Mrs. Patricia Harris|
“Respect, acceptance, and appreciation of the rich diversity of our school and communities”
Diversity at Ursuline Academy is an on-going process which, in a variety of ways, focuses on raising the awareness level of the entire Ursuline family by confronting the “isms” (personal biases).
- Four Class Diversity Days (Lookism-Sexism,Racism, Classism)
- Parent Diversity Evening in April
- Diversity Day for the student body at Marian Middle School
- High School Diversity Conference in October
- Monthly After School Issue Seminars
- Active Participant in the Catholic High School Harmony Project
- Quarterly Peer Tutoring at Marian Middle School
- Quarterly Diversity Newsletter
It should be noted that the Leadership for Diversity Team members have trained other high school students to facilitate; have participated on panels dealing with diversity issues at neighboring parishes; have organized and facilitated a diversity activity day at South County YMCA for Y Teens.
- 21 Under 21 Award Winner (2002, 2004)
- St. Louis Post Dispatch Salute (2002,2006,2007)